Thursday, June 17, 2010

1st Day of Classes is over!

This is going to be brief - its 1AM here and I have class at 8AM :-/

Today was the first day of classes.  At 8AM I have Spanish with Professor Larrea Rubio.  He seems really nice so far, and we are learning new vocab about sailing and traveling and touristing while we learn all of the grammatical concepts.  He has warned us that today was the only day he would speak English, however, which makes me a little nervous!

At 9:20 we all have Global Studies with Professor Bowler.  It seems like a very broad class, but I really liked all of the examples he used today, even if they were a little all-over-the-place.  Maybe today was simply a cultural overview?  I should look at the syllabus.

Then I had a break for lunch and, you guessed it, another nap.  1030 - 1130 is officially my nap slot everyday.

I then went up and grabbed lunch really quickly before heading over to Peoples of the Book with Dr. MacMillan at 1215.  It is a religion course about Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, which should be cool once we get to the ports and see the cultural influences of all the different belief systems.  She seemed like a nice teacher - we have A LOT of books to read, though.  I hope I can keep up with that!

Oh and the captain was right about the crazy waves today!  This morning at 5 or so, the entire boat was woken up by stuff falling off of shelves and drawers opening/slamming shut.  The waves were crazy!

Alrighty - bed time!

2 comments:

  1. rough seas? aren't you in the stretch of ocean where the titanic went down? you should watch out for those waves. they tend to push you into icebergs. Id watch out for those too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey love!!
    Sorry I haven't really been keeping up with this. Our internet is super spotty. I'm glad that you seem to be enjoying your classes! Missing you already!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete