Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Never Fear! My Bag Is Here!

We are beginning our Atlantic crossing, and my bag is with me!  This afternoon, while we were still in port, we had a safety drill to make sure we knew which life boats to go to in an emergency.  Hopefully that won't ever be necessary...

I can already tell this trip is going to be amazing!  Both sets of neighbors on either side of me are really nice, and everyone I've met so far has been awesome.  My roommate got here pretty late this afternoon.  Her name is Kristin; she's from Virginia and goes to UVA.  She's really sweet!  Oh and she's also in my religions class, so that will be nice to know someone.    Tonight we had meetings with the entire ship and a smaller one with our hall.  I'm in the "Adriatic Sea" hallway - room 4051.

The room is pretty well-sized I think.  Two twin beds, a small desk, a little table and chair, a mini TV, a closet and a couple drawers, and a bathroom.  The bathroom is actually awesome.  The shower is nice and big, and there's tons of storage space for toiletries.  I'm pretty much unpacked, and surprisingly everything fit into my wee closet.   Everything is on the closet shelves stacked in their perfect little rolls that Lolo folded.  It makes it easy to see what's where.

So far so good on the seasickness.  It's been 30 minutes at sea and I'm not hovering over my teeny tiny toilet YET.  One of the nice crew members handed out ginger candies that are supposed to help seasickness. delicious.  I put on the seasickness patch, but I definitely haven't gotten my sea legs yet!  It's a mixture of nausea, vertigo, and general uneasiness.  But hopefully i'll get used to it and it will be over in a couple days!   Pretty much everyone on the ship has taken to holding the handrails everywhere, because the Atlantic is really rough tonight...  Even the captain, at the ship meeting, said he was sorry about how rough it was :-/  Right now i'm laying on my bed, and it feels like someone is rocking me to sleep!  Its only 10:30, and I'm going to pass out soon!

...and by soon, I mean now.   Goodnight from the Atlantic!




No comments:

Post a Comment